Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's the small stuff.

It's not difficult to pack up the big stuff; desk, bookcase, coffee table are all easy- just wrap 'em good and put 'em in a box. What I find to be really difficult is packing up the detritus and ephemera that fills my desk drawers. Everything, from the worn guitar picks to the bits of papers with song lyrics scrawled across them to the faded bar towels, not only is an object to be dealt with- kept and packed or donated or thrown away- but a memory that also must be dealt with at the same time- kept and packed or thrown away. It's this second part that usually takes up all the time. I'm doing lots of throwing away and I'm surprised at how easy it is. There is a lot of Phoenix that I'm happy to leave in Phoenix.

Song of the Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment