Saturday, April 17, 2021

Well, here I am again.

Exactly, here I am again. Of course, you've already guessed what comes next; I have no earthly idea where - or what - here is. This is not particularly unusual for me, as I spend a large part of my life in the state of non-understanding. But I can feel it. Something is happening.

I'm here, and it's not for the first time.

So much has happened since I last put finger to keyboard to blog, that I won't even bother trying to bring you up to speed. And that's not because it's not interesting. Trust me, it's been interesting. As in the Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times." The Inn of Infinite Sadness gave away to the stately home of infinite dampness, which in turn gave way to the international journey of infinite stress, which gave way to a trail of tears with my tail between my legs. And now I find myself on the periphery. And again, in keeping with the theme, I'm not sure the periphery of what, but a periphery nonetheless.

But I am here.

And I feel like something is happening.

I don't think here is a place, although I'm definitely in a better one than I've been in for a long time. And I don't think that here is a state of mind, although again, I'm in a better one than I've been for a long time. Maybe, and I mean just maybe, here is a feeling. A feeling of not being "there." And although there's no way I could describe to you what "there" is like , I can still feel the spiny tendrils of there finding their way along the ins and outs of my soul, entangling and binding it to the dead stump of my former life.
Maybe I don't know what here is because it's been so long since I've been to the there that is here.

Maybe here is a feeling.

Maybe, just maybe, oh God just maybe, here is hope.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail that thinks this guy is pretentious, crazy, or more likely, both, and doesn't deserve any sympathy at all, but should get every bad thing that's coming to him. Please excuse my brevity.

Отправлено с моего устройства Android с K-9 Mail. Пожалуйста, извините мою краткость

No comments:

Post a Comment