Saturday, August 31, 2013

Two Bits

I got a haircut & shave at this place. today. Don't let it's small size fool you- it's even smaller inside. And very old school; Bobby Darrin on the radio and the usual cast of local charactors you imagine you would find in such an establishment, and never do. My haircut was good, but my shave was really first rate- maybe the best I've ever had. And I have had a lot of straight razor shaves in barber shops (I even use a straight razor day-to-day). This was gangster movie hot-towel perfection by a guy who was so passionate about his work, he had a barber's pole tattooed on his forearm. This was a place that uses Clubman and Lucky Tiger like they have never gone out of style ('cuz they haven't, not here). The only thing missing was a shoulder massage with one of those electric massagers that straps to your hand. And speaking of hands, maybe a manicure by a gum-chewing gun moll. Yeah... My only complaint is that I was constantly looking out the window for the muscle that I knew was coming to wack me. Knowhutimsayin?

Look, Ma, I'm on top of the world...

Sent from my HTC STYLIN'™, a Wiseguy® phone from Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment